SET UP A FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT WHITE RIVER ANIMAL RESCUE
Start your fundraiser in a few steps!
Thank you for your interest in setting up a fundraiser to rescue dogs from euthanasia nationwide. Every $5 donated feeds a dog for a week, and helps find him/her a forever family, so your Fundraiser will have a meaningful impact.
1. Setting up your Fundraiser on Facebook
- Log into Facebook, and visit Facebook.com/WhiteRiverAnimalRescue
- On the left-hand side of the page, click “Fundraisers”
- Click the blue “+Create Fundraiser” button in the upper right-hand corner, underneath the Donate button in the Page cover image.
- Follow the simple steps to set up your Fundraiser and invite your friends to donate to White River Animal Rescue! Start with your close friends and family, fellow volunteers and other people you know will support you in the cause.
2. Don't use Facebook? Use a crowdfunding platform
You can use another platform than Facebook to launch your fundraising campaign, if you wish to do so we recommend to use Crowdrise.
Click on 'create a fundraiser' on Crowdrise.
Select 'White River Animal Rescue' as your nonprofit.
Share a description, pictures and videos of your fundraiser.
Set up a fundraising goal
Share your campaigns with your friends and family on social media.
3. Fundraiser Ideas
Try tying your Fundraiser to a personal goal or milestone. Your Facebook (or other platform of your choice fundraiser) Fundraiser should reflect why dog rescue in America is important to you. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Races or other athletic events
- In honor of a loved one
- Holidays (such as Dog Day)
4. General Tips
- Let your potential donors know the reason behind your goal – do you have a race coming up? Does the $ goal reflect a milestone in your life?
- Post updates early and often. Share how your fundraiser is going with both your donors and your Facebook community to let your friends and family know you’re raising money to rescue dogs.
- Start a live video on your Facebook fundraiser, tell your story, why you are fundraising, and ask your friends to donate live!
- Thank your donors! Facebook notifies you when a donation comes in, making it easy to acknowledge your generous friends and family.
Share content that will inspire your friends and family to give. You can find more hunger stats at WhiteRiverAnimalRescue.org - but here are a couple to get you started:
White River Animal Rescue has rescued over 4000 dogs since 2009
White River Animal Rescue has over 20 reliable foster homes in 2017
There are over 30 dogs returned from adopter homes every year.
- Consider making the first donation to get the ball rolling.
More About Facebook Fundraisers
Get more help from Facebook.
Learn more about Charitable Giving on Facebook.
Good luck! On behalf of the dogs we rescue, thank you for supporting White River Animal Rescue.